HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
|Address||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
IMPORTANT! Please note the EXACT STREET ADDRESS from your Wimdu reservation. Mobile phone maps use POSTCODES which give many addresses on the same street, not taking you to the EXACT address.!!
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
In these past 5 years I am delighted to have been able to share my home with many visitors from East and West: Australasia (incl China, Korea, VN, Japan, Singapore & HK) , Euroland, North and South America and more. Locals say Edinburgh is like a big village
The guest room is in my garden flat, ideal for 1-3 persons, and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families and friends travelling together. It is a 22-minute walk from Waverley Station and Princes Street, with excellent nearby transportation including the airport Tram 12 minutes away. It is in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-m2 of private garden and a terrace with mature trees.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed). There are two extra mattresses stored under the beds can be placed on the floor as required **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE USING EXTRA MATTRESSES IS LIMITED. Families with children are welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk, arm chair and a closet. The room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom, with my room adjacent.
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). GUESTS MAY USE THE KITCHEN, REFRIGERATOR AND WASHING MACHINE BY ARRANGEMENT PLEASE ASK. Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensuring a rich and cozy ambiance. Children ( DISCOUNT aged 15 & under, please ask at time of booking). Pets are welcome. LGBT-friendly.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinemas & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport as well as the new TRAM, `12 minutes away
• Edinburgh is a very walkable town.
• Excellent international & local restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon.
* Bathroom, with shower and bath
* private garden & terrace
* kitchen & Washing machine, may be used by arrangement (no later than 830pm please), & Limited refrigerator space may be possible, Please advise beforehand if possible.
* Drying closet for overnight drying of washed clothes, or outside line in good weather
* modest library including good collection of photographic arts and oriental carpet books
Interaction with guests
Enjoy chatting, becoming acquainted, music, interesting stories, photographic arts, history. Musicians welcome to share their art. I have a fine Spanish classical guitar, as well as alto, soprano and sopranino recorders/blokflute
Other things to note
(1) Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
(2) When you receive your booking confirmation please make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
(3) DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address to ensure correct location
House rulesGUESTS: .
To help you enjoy your stay, please note the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Price for > 1 guests||$ 26 US per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||5 nights|
|Check-in after||9 AM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
Reviews of this property
La habitación y el baño impecable, todo limpio muy ordenado, nada que envidiarle a un 3 estrellas, David es muy muy hospitalario, y además es una persona de mundo, por favor tómense 5 minutos para hablar con el de cualquier cosa, en cuanto al desayuno perfecto, fruta, te, jugó, mermelada, queso...
Ho alloggiato da David con altri tre miei amici per un viaggio di piacere a Edimburgo e girare la Scozia. David si è dimostrato subito disponibile fornendoci tutte le indicazioni stradali per raggiungere i migliori punti di interesse. La casa dista circa 20 minuti dal centro, ma è un ottimo punto base per girare a piedi tutta Edimburgo. Buona anche la colazione che consisteva in caffè, latte, yogurt, banane, pane, burro e marmellata. Se dovessi tornare a Edimburgo ci tornerei sicuramente, consigliato!
David is a perfect host, his place is visitor friendly, cosy and comfortable. Those who like an evening conversation after a day full of tourist activity will be fully satisfied. If one add a fantastic selection of classic, blues and jazz, the picture will be close to complete. The key factor is an unimitable atmophere.
David ist ein freundlicher und hilfsbereiter Gastgeber.Unsere beiden Motorräder wurden gestohlen und David unterstützte uns tatkräftig bei der Konversation mit der Polizei und den notwendigen Telefonaten um unsere Weiterreise zu bewältigen.Wir schätzen ihn sehr aufgrund seiner netten, ehrlichen Art und seiner selbstlosen Hilfsbereitschaft und können seine Unterkunft nur bestens empfehlen.
Nochmals vielen Dank David und liebe Grüsse von Gerhard, Iris und Andreas
Es war ein sehr angenehmer Aufenthalt. Ein sehr netter Gastgeber, der uns mit
Tipps weitergeholfen hat. Die Stadtmitte ist sehr gut zu Fuß erreichbar. Das Zimmer ist sehr gemütlich. Nach Davids Beschreibung war die Adresse vom Flughafen gut zu finden
We really enjoyed our stay with David. The room was clean, quiet and very accessible.It was close enough to the city centre to be within walking distance and just far enough out to have no traffic noise. Many thanks!
David was a very caring host. Although I took my Mom who was used to relatively hot weather to Edinburgh in winter time, David did his best to keep the room warm for us to have good night sleep. Everything in the house was neat and lovely, we really enjoy the stay. It was also very nice to know David himself as a very interesting and warm person.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption