London Bridge in 7 Minutes - Quiet Room
- Parking available
- Lockable room
|Address||Fairlawn Mansions, SE145PH London, United Kingdom|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
Here are 10 reasons to stay in this room:
1. You can walk to the tube station in about two minutes.
2. From the station you can be in London Bridge in 5 minutes (about 12 minutes to get to Trafalgar Square).
3. It's in Zone 2 - the zone 1-2 Tavel card is the cheapest.
4. Close to the property you have 24-hour food shops, cafes, restaurants, theatre and a big supermarket (Sainsbury’s).
5. Buses 53 and 453 go from the flat straight into town giving you the tourists views as you pass the London Eye; go over the Westminster Bridge; roll past Big Ben; Parade through Whitehall, passing the Prime minister's residence on Downing Street; semi-circulate Trafalgar Square; all before heading up to Piccadilly Circus, trough Regent's Street; cross Oxford Street before your ride on this London bus comes to an end :o)
6. Despite the fantastic location, your room faces a peaceful garden.
7. The building is a unique mansion block from the late 1800s.
8. Your room is large and has high ceilings.
9. Of course, there is also WI-FI :o)
10. A few minutes walk from Goldsmiths College.
House rulesIn general this is a great place to live. To keep it as such all guests need to follow the following rules for their own comfort:
Guest may use the kitchen on the following conditions:
They wash up all dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
They clean the cooker, hob, all work surfaces and table
They sweep the floor or any crumbs.
They return all utensils to their original place.
They put all rubbish in the bins at the entrance to the building.
Guests are asked to leave the shower in a clean and fresh state.
Guests are asked to leave the toilet in a hygienic and fresh state.
Guests are asked to wear house shoes in the bedroom and the rest of the house.
Guests are asked to reframe from playing music before 10am and after 10pm.
Guests are reminded that smoking is not permitted in any part of the property. This includes the bedroom and smoking at the bedroom window. Anyone found to have smoked in the property will be asked to leave.
Guests are asked to remove all litter and rubbish from their room at least once a day.
A deposit of 100 GBP is required.
|Price for > 2 guests||$ 14 US per guest/night extra|
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
Reviews for this host's other properties
A great stay! A great room close to the station. I find Sidney's rooms a really cheap and convenient option when I am in London. Thank you Sidney!
Sidney and Bel were really lovely. It was a pleasure to stay at there place and hang out with them. The flat was nice and very convenient and practical. The buses, which run close, run straight to the centre and there is also a tube station near the apartment. There are lots of restaurants and shops around. I would go back every time.
The apartment was as show in the pictures. It was comfortable and warm. The location was good enough for us to get easily to the centre. There were plenty of shops and eateries on New Cross Road. Our stay was much cheaper than a hotel!
We had a great time in London and enjoyed our time at Sidney’s apartment. Sidney gave us detailed and well explained instructions on how to find and get into the apartment. The property was in a good location with buses outside and the tube station five minutes away. We also had a very big supermarket five minutes away. We thought that the property was well maintained and we saw the cleaner every day. When we lost our key, Sidney came straight over to open the door and give us a replacement. We would definitely stay here again.
We really enjoyed our stay in Sidney’s apartment. We had two bedrooms which were well sized and had all the amenities we needed. It was a short walk to the station and there were also many buses close by. Getting to the centre was easy. The quality/price ration was very high. I would highly recommend this apartment.
The house was alright. Only problem was the shared Bathroom, sometimes we had to wait for 15-20 minutes to enter... The heating system stopped working but we got it fixed and the same goes for the bathroom lights.
Sidney gave us instructions in how to access the building and the room but she did not personify, not that this was a problem as it was easy to follow the instructions.
Te room was big with a big bed and a table and some chairs. The kitchen was amazing and fully equipped.
As for the zone, it is in the outskirts in zone 2. You have a bus stop literally in front of the house, I mean, literally, it took us 10 seconds from the house to the bus stop. From there you have a bunch os buses that take you to the center of London (oxford, Westminster, Hyde Park, Covent Garden...) but prepare to be around 40-50 minutes on. You also have the train station 5 minutes from the house.
Overall I would recommend for a short stay, as you can move easily to the center it is a nice house, well furnished I we felt safe for all the holydays :)
La habitación es como se ve en la foto, muy pequeñita, apenas cabe la cama y las maletas, pero como solo es para dormir es suficiente. El problema fue el baño, ya que es un apartamento de 5 habitaciones de dos e incluso tres personas por habitación que comparten un mismo baño, y por las mañanas de 6 de la mañana a las 10 el baño era un caos, si quería entrar tenía que hacer cola, y esperarme un buen rato. Por lo demás todo bien, la cocina es grande y tiene de todo.
El edificio es bastante viejo, lo bueno es que esta cerca del metro y de los supermercados.
Si es para una estancia de una, dos o tres noches esta bien, pero para más tiempo lo veo muy incomodo, vale la pena pagar un poco mas y tener tu propio baño o por lo menos compartirlo con menos gente.
A la anfitriona no la vi en toda la estancia, aunque tampoco hizo falta.
We really enjoyed our stay. The location is very convenient, the neighbourhood safe and quiet. It is very clean and cozy, and Sidney and Bel are lovely. They made our stay even more comfortable by providing information about London and around. We had use of everything including kitchen, fridge, wifi. The station is very close, so you are quickly in the centre. We strongly recommend it!
Todo perfecto! Estuvimos estas navidades y fue genial la estancia.
Leider kann ich mich nur den kritischen Bewertungen der anderen Besucher anschließen.
Der Vermieter scheint nur auf das schnelle Geld aus zu sein und ist nicht am Wohlfühlen seiner Gäste interessiert.
Doch auch Positives sollte erwähnt werden:
+ Sehr detaillierte Anfahrtsbeschreibung und perfekte Anleitung für die Schlüsselübernahme.
+ Zentrumsnahe und ruhige Lage mit guter Busanbindung
+ Schlafzimmer mit gutem Bett und netten Möbeln
+ Kühlschrank, Herd und Mikrowelle funktionieren
Leider ist die List der negativen Punkte länger:
- Insgesamt sehr lieblos und billig eingerichtet
- Schimmel im Bad großflächig mit Silikon überschmiert
- provisorische, schon ältere Badewannenverkleidung aus Pappe
- geborstene Fliesenflächen an mehreren Stellen
- Durchgesessenes Sofa und billige Matratzen auf dem Boden als zweite Schlafstätte für Person 3+4
- Kücheneinrichtung sehr billig und schmutzig, zum Teil defekt: Gläser, Waschmaschine, Ablauf am Spülbecken
- Toaster defekt - toastet nur einseitig
- Geschirr sehr zusammengewürfelt und nicht ausreichend für vier Personen
- diverse Töpfe, Deckel und Pfannen (mit zum Teil abgebrochenen Griffen), die nicht zusammenpassen
- Fenster mit Frischluftgarantie (zieht stark rein), ist sicher nur im Winter problematisch
- Wackelige Campingstühle
Fazit: London ist eine tolle Stadt, aber in dieser Wohnung haben wir uns nicht wohlgefühlt.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption